In almost all cases NO. Our buildings fall within the permitted development for most people. Outbuildings are allowed up to a height of 2.5m within 2m of your boundary or 3m otherwise. Unless you live in a designated area, such as a world heritage site, conservation site, an area of outstanding natural beauty or your house is listed, in which case you would need to contact your local planning authority to check whether permission would be needed. The only other cases that may require planning permission are if you wish to use a green room as self contained living accommodation, or if you intend to use it for business purposes that would require change of use permission. However, so long as you are not expecting a large increase in visitors to your property, and you don’t expect your business activities to become a nuisance to your neighbours then a change of use is generally not required.

When we come to conduct a site visit, before work commences we will make an assessment on whether planning permission is required. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any more queries regarding planning permission. If planning permission is required then we will be happy to help you with the planning application process.
For more information please visit the Planning Portal and look at their guide to outbuildings.